- 3 tablespoons warm water (115 to 120 degrees)
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon + 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¾ cup rice flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon guar gum
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water and ¼ teaspoon sugar. Let mixture stand 8 to 10 minutes or until yeast begins to bubble.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine tapioca flour, rice flour, cornstarch, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, guar gum, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir with a wire whisk to blend and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla; beat well with a wire whisk.
- Add yeast mixture and continue to whisk until well blended.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour egg-yeast mixture all at once into the well; beat until batter is smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or until ready to use. This can be prepared up to three days in advance. Makes 3 cups of batter. This recipe can easily be doubled.
- Follow manufacturer’s directions for your specific waffle iron. Cook waffles until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, or see Toppings for Pancakes or Make-Ahead Waffles.
Submit your review
Make Ahead Waffles
Average rating: 0 reviews