2 heads of garlic
2 (10 oz.) boxes frozen chopped spinach
4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
½ cup finely chopped shallots
1 cup dry white wine
1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (15 oz.) container whole milk ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons potato starch
3 cups milk
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 (10 oz.) box brown rice lasagna noodles (Tinkyáda Lasagna Noodles recommended)
2 heads of garlic
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut top of garlic heads and place on a square of heavy duty aluminum foil. Drizzle oil over cut tops. Wrap tightly; bake 1 hour or until soft.
- Once garlic has cooled, squeeze garlic into a small dish and mash with a fork into a paste; set aside.
- Place frozen spinach in microwave; microwave on full power for 4 to 5 minutes or until thawed. Repeat instructions for second package. Cool.
- Transfer spinach to several layers of paper towels. Squeeze until spinach is dry (additional paper towels will be needed); set aside.
- In a medium-size skillet over medium heat, sauté shallots in 2 tablespoons oil until soft, stirring constantly for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, breaking up spinach with back of a spoon. Stir in wine and continue to cook until wine evaporates.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg; stir until well combined.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Ricotta cheese; mix well and set aside.
- In a medium-size saucepan over medium-low heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and potato starch; stir until well combined.
- Using a wire whisk, slowly add milk and stir constantly.
- Add mashed garlic, thyme, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Whisk with a wire whisk to incorporate garlic. Continue to cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add 1½ cups Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to directions; set aside.
- Spread 1 cup Parmesan cheese sauce into the bottom of a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Place noodles over sauce. Top with 1 cup of spinach mixture, slightly rounded, over noodles. Top with 1 cup Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layering 3 times, ending with a layer of noodles.
- Top with the remaining cheese sauce, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 45 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Let lasagna stand for 25 minutes before serving.
Submit your review